domenica 30 marzo 2008

A bridge to spring...


Longing for spring eventually to come...here we are discussing the US election campaing again!


During these last weeks I've been reading a lot of articles about what's going on in the US, I've been following the news in Italy and I've also been watching videos on the web; I'm really happy I'm having the chance to do that, because I think it's really interesting, useful and challenging to be able to discuss such a topic, which is of great importance nowadays. Moreover, even if in the Italian news we daily hear about Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, I believe that not many people in our country know exactly what's going on, I don't even know if everybody is aware of the fact that Mr. McCain actually exists, so that I feel myself as having the privilege of having the means through which I can read, listen to and learn about this topic of great actuality.

There are a couple of issues which I'm particularly interested in with regards to the US campaign. First of all I really enjoyed having a look at the websites of the three candidates, which I found really different in the layouts but all of them very interesting and effective. I enjoyed doing such a work on the websites because I think that the web inevitably has a great importance in nowdays campaigns. For this very reason the web can be an important place where to build up a campaign and where to reach the audience as well as the television or the newspapers.
Secondly, I'm really interested in the health care issue, which I believe is among the most important problems in the American society. Moreover, I'm particulary interested in such an issue because health care is one of the greatest differences between American and European societies. Finally, health care is one of the important fields in which the three candidates are competing with each other; it is a particularly important issue mostly for the left wing candidates, whereas McCain focus most of his campaing on wars, on fighting against terrorism and on safety.
As for health care, here is the link to an article and a video in which Hillary Clinton discusses her position towards this issue. And here is the link to the transcript of an interview in which she discussed health care. In the next weeks I'll provide some more links in order to know something about Obama's and McCain's position on health care too!

See you all tomorrow afternoon!

Camilla

Nessun commento: