domenica 20 aprile 2008

Here comes the sun...

Photo by Sun Drama
Skyping...a bright new world I've been discovering in the last few weeks!
I had never used Skype before, because, to tell the truth, I'm not so fond of all these new Web 2.0. tools...but I must admit that it's a great means through which we can easily talk to American students...
...who could imagine such a development of the tools provided by the Internet? Surely, I couldn't!
I remember myself being at middle school and listening to music cassettes with English native speaker talking, and watching some movies my teacher bought in England...and now...see how things have changed just in a 10 years time! Web 2.0. provides a number of tools which, I believe, will change completely the way languages will be taught in the future! And we're just at the beginning!
However, as far as our Skype session is concerned, I really liked talking to Michelle because she's very nice, kind, friendly and helpful and actually it was so easy to talk with her that I soon forgot that I was talking to someone I've never heard of before, who lives on the other part of the Ocean! We discussed the issue of immigration in the two countries, and I realized that it is something I didn't know anything about! For instance, I didn't know that the Latinos and Spanish speaking people were so marginalized and discriminated in the US, and this is something which differs a lot from the European context, where people coming from Spanish speaking countries are perfectly accepted, if not well perceived, given the high level of popularity Spain is achieving in the last few years!
However, in the next Skype sessions I would also like to discuss some other issues, and discover, for example, how do they live as University students in the US, and I would like to know something about her habits, hobbies, tastes, what does she know about Italy and so on! I would like to know which are the differences and similarities between being young University students in the US and in Italy!
That's all for the moment...see you soon!
Camilla

2 commenti:

cappuc cino ha detto...

Ciao,
ieri abbiamo fatto la valutazione delle wiki di altri 2 gruppi. Devi rispondere alle domande a cui io e Letizia abbiamo già risposto. Devi andare sotto la nsotra wiki, c'è il link alle nuove pagine da usare per la valutazione.
Per quanto riguarda la wiki del nostro gruppo, ieri ho lavorato con Sarah alla creazione della table of content, però non è venuta al 100%. Ogni titolo va evidenziato come Heading, teoricamente dovrebbe rientrare in automatico nella table. Se non funziona, risolviamo domani insieme.
se hai altre domande,
write me

ciao
Lisa

cappuc cino ha detto...

Hi!
send me everything you need via mail in my first class account, I'll do it when I'm at home!
bye
Lisa